We watched the Kentucky Derby @ Sarah and Kevins and although I could not tell you who won, I have been following the medical care of Barbaro, the horse who fractured his leg in three places during the race. Maybe it's interesting because at first they couldn't get a good pulse in his foot and were worried about the blood supply to his leg (hmm, sound like anyone else we know?). It sounds like he had a minor setback yesterday. Hopefully Barbaro will get the chance to sire a champion.
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Go Barbaro
We watched the Kentucky Derby @ Sarah and Kevins and although I could not tell you who won, I have been following the medical care of Barbaro, the horse who fractured his leg in three places during the race. Maybe it's interesting because at first they couldn't get a good pulse in his foot and were worried about the blood supply to his leg (hmm, sound like anyone else we know?). It sounds like he had a minor setback yesterday. Hopefully Barbaro will get the chance to sire a champion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Barbaro won the KY Derby. Was injured in the Preakness. Like you Jenny and I have been following his progress closely. Hopfully this is a minor setback.
Ok, so it was the Preakness we watched at Sarah's. I remember that poor trainer crying after he got hurt. It still makes me sad.
Go Barbaro is right. Even if he doesn't race again, at least he is alive. I hate it when they put the horse down after an injury.
Poor Barbaro. RIP on Jan 29th 2007.
Post a Comment