Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Six months later...

Before: At home changing bandages.


First day of Physical Therapy.


Leg now.


So, it's been just over 6 months since Andrew's accident. I wanted to put a post on that day with pictures, but the camera has been a drawn-out pain in the butt. Anyways, we have current pictures now. The visible changes in the scars is dramatic. A mini-update: Andrew is still taking pain medication for the nerve pain he feels in his foot and leg. Andrew does electric stim daily at home. He has brought his foot up slightly, and continues to see improvements in leg movement. He tells me that he can feel his leg move even if no movement is visible. That has been a big boost in our confidence that he will continue to see improvement. Andrew uses a brace at all times (not sleeping) and broke it (something the orthopedic guy says never happens). The brace has since been fixed. Andrew's leg gets fatigued very easily without the brace. We have a doctors appointment next week.
I would love to write more on here, but with the sensitive nature of the subject and all the complications surrounding it I feel I've probably already said enough. I wonder where we will be in another six months....

2 comments:

Ron Garner said...

Sounds like some progress is being made! Keep your chin up, Andrew.

Anonymous said...

You'll be getting ready for your wedding in another 6 months! Andrew you're doing a great job with the therapy & exercise...progress will continue, just slower than the last 6 mos. I'm so proud of both of you.