We celebrated the new year with a trip to Cedar Rapids to see Melissa and T.J. It seemed like a long time since we had seen Mel and we all had fun going out. Andy and I had a strange couple of weeks leading up to the new year; our schedules seemed to be crossing so it was like, we live together, but felt like we weren't seeing each other all that much. Anyways, I was very glad to be able to be with him and celebrate 2007.
I was trying to think of a creative way to do a post for the new year as I like to read tabloid magazines from time to time and watch E! and they always seem to have interesting things like what was big in '06 or a countdown of the biggest celebrity bloopers of the year, etc. It's difficult to remember what all happened in 2006. Looking back Andrew and I were boyfriend and girlfriend, we paid rent, and had a dog named Gus. Andrew had a blank passport, a different job, and a scar-free leg. We enjoyed spending time with Grandpa Paul at his home in Epworth. My how things have changed!
I'm really anxious for the new year as it feels like a new beginning of a really exciting time for Andrew and I. I don't think either of us want to say this year will be better then the last (all of you have been telling us that!) because there are no guarantees-it could be worse. We have witnessed our friends, family members, and co-workers go through some much more difficult things then we have had to experience (loss of a child, brain cancer, etc.) Overall, we have grown and changed as individuals and as a couple. I feel excited for 2007 and all that it has to offer and I know that with Andrew by my side we can take on anything that comes our way! Best wishes to all for a happy 2007!
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My wish for both of you is not that you never face hard times, for you will, but that you face them together and have as many great years together as Aunt Jenny and I have had.
Post a Comment