Our midwife typically orders the big ultrasound at 20 weeks. Since I was away doing field work, Cletus got another week to get good and ready for his/her close-up. We knew that the ultrasound was going to take a bit longer then the first, and we ended up getting to watch the baby dance around the screen for almost an hour! The tech said that as soon as she took the wand off of my stomach Cletus would flip around and be facing the complete side. Maybe he or she was just enjoying the juice/water/Sprite I had to guzzle pre-appointment to be able to get good photos!
Anyway, the brain/heart/stomach/kidneys all checked out fine, and the baby is still measuring right on schedule with a Dec. 15th due date, weighing in right now at 14 ounces with a heart rate of 148 beats/minute. The tech was very nice and she did have to resort to using the second type of ultrasound to be able to get the photos of the legs and placenta that she wanted. (She was calling the baby squiggly-wiggly!) We met with the midwife after the ultrasound and had a quick check-up. Blood pressure was 100/60, stomach size 22 cm, weight looked good, etc. We also got pre-registered for the birth suites at the hospital today as well as signed up for our lamaze, hypnobirthing, and breastfeeding classes. What a busy-baby day!
Oh, and for those who may ask....We told the tech and the midwife that we did NOT want to know if Cletus is a boy or a girl. The tech said that she could tell, but overall she did not spend much time looking around that area! And one final thing...the tech said "Look at those toes! On both feet the second toe is just as long if not longer then the big toe!" Andrew and I looked at each other, those are so not my feet, definitely his. We'll have to see who what Cletus got from each of us in December!
4 comments:
Oh my, I think we're having twins! And I don't mean me and Jeremy, but me and you! JK, but the photos look so similar and are doing a lot of the same things our baby was doing. Glad you made it home safe and are getting some things done.
Cletus looks like me!
I think the baby looks like Abby (I have heard those 3D/4D are really accurate for looks)!
Zach is POSITIVE the baby is a girl and even corrected Chris last night when he said "it".
We can't tell what kind of nose the baby has, but it must be a combo of both of ours. Maybe it will change since the baby is only halfway "cooked". I love hearing what people think we are having, that has been the best part about not knowing the gender. Some days we think boy, others girl, it will be so much fun to announce it at the birth!
Post a Comment