Sunday, August 23, 2009
Red Box Walk
I'm not sure if many of you use Red Box. We like it a lot. It is cheap ($1 movie rentals per night), you can keep them longer if you want, there are always good movies and you don't have to deal with any people. Well, on a nice summer Sunday night Andy wanted to rent a movie. I was feeling like I had a burst of energy and thought, "Lets take the dog for a walk." We knew it was going to be a long walk, but I think I was kidding myself about how far this really would be. For those of you familiar with town we set off from our house and walked to the new Walgreens on JFK (corner of Dodge), by the Ground Round. It must have been two miles there and two miles back home and very hilly (this is Dubuque after all). After what seemed like two hours (we never timed it) we were back on our block and our neighbors pulled up in their car and made a comment about walking the dog. I told them where we had just walked to (in between gasps for air) and their jaws hit the ground. They were shocked - I was just relieved that I made it alive! I think the next time we attempt a walk this long I'll have a backup plan just in case!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment