Saturday, August 29, 2009

Braxton Hicks

So I had Braxton Hicks contractions start today and they are so strange. Not really a nuisance and not painful at all. Just strange. Once they started they seemed to continue with full force for about two days. The timing was good though, we had an appointment with the midwife on Monday so I got to ask about them (having them at 25 weeks seemed early to me). I guess you have them almost the whole pregnancy, you just don't feel them until you are a bit bigger. When it comes to using the word CONTRACTION though, I found out that others do not react in the same, calm way. It only took about half a day, but I quickly realized that just saying the word CONTRACTION while touching your stomach quickly strikes a look of: insert one (fear, terror, horror) upon the faces of: insert one (husband, friends, co-workers). I don't have any photos, but man, do I wish I did! Co-workers almost dropped the shelf they were carrying, Andrew looking stunned and horrified...I'm laughing right now thinking about it! Okay, that is enough. Soon it will be showtime and the word contraction will not have me laughing at all...

No comments: