Yes, it's true! I woke up about 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday to use the bathroom (now standard procedure) and I was fairly certain I was pregnant. I had a pretty good feeling when I woke Andy up on Monday (our day off) at 6 a.m. to go get eggs and pancakes at IHOP and even the Saturday before that I was having symptoms that had me thinking I was. Well, anyway, back to Wednesday the 8th. I woke up and tested with the top test, a weird little strip test that came free with a purchase off of drugstore.com. It was faint, but there was a second line. I then used the second test, one Andy had gotten for me at the Dollar Store a month earlier. Honest to god, this test came in a pink and blue box and was only labeled "Baby Test". I was seriously doubting the accuracy of something that looked so generic, so I used the final test, a digital one that I had saved for when it was time to reveal the news to Andy. Well, the digital popped up Pregnant in less then 30 seconds so I wrapped it in some tissue paper and added it to a gift bag I had stashed in our guest bedroom. I crept back into our bedroom (now around 5 a.m.) and quietly woke up Andy. He was obviously groggy and confused, but i told him I had something to give him and I needed him to wake up. I clicked on the lamp and gave him the gift bag. I told him to open the smaller wrapped one first. He opened the digital test, squinted, looked harder, looked at me and said, "Right now? You're pregnant right now?" I told him yes that I had just taken it and I think he woke completely up. He opened the second gift - a pack of neutral colored onesies and socks (newborn size, which is almost frighteningly small) and after that we just laid and bed and pondered what had just occurred. Neither of us were going back to sleep, we were just too excited!
1 comment:
Thanks for all the lovely preggers postings! It's nice to have a running account of what is happening.
Post a Comment