Friday, June 26, 2009

Things are heating up...

So for the last week or so (15 weeks pregnant) I have been eating some really hot and spicy foods. I have been doing pretty well eating lots of fruits and veggies, but it seems like every time I cook I have made something hot. From buffalo chicken dip (doubled the amount of Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce), to chicken fajitas (with extra chipotle seasoning) and then for a work party - black bean and corn salsa (with jalapenos added!) This is so not the usual me. I can handle medium, but that is usually it. I told Andrew the love of hot foods must have been something he passed on to the baby because it's not a normal craving for me! (And no for those of you who may ask....no heartburn either, yet.)

3 comments:

The Fluhrs said...

From what I've heard, the baby will probably continue to like hot foods after birth. That's crazy you're having such cravings for things you don't normally like??!! Looks like the mexican restaurants will get to know you guys on a first name basis??!!

mom/sheri said...

Thanks for the fun Mother's Day pics, really looks like a shopping spree in the photos. It was a fun time!
You're right Lara - babies get familiar with the tastes & smells of mom's diet in their uterine 'swimming pool' then continue to recognize & enjoy those flavors in mom's milk:)
...and then grow up to like a wide variety of foods!
Case in point...Abigail Ann :)
xo

Abby said...

Oh and I ate a chili burrito from taco bell on Saturday with 4 (that's right 4) packets of FIRE sauce on it!