April 18th - We were meeting a group of friends out at Champps for dinner, drinks, and a UFC fight (not my thing, but that's a different story). Well, I had been thinking about how to skirt around the whole not drinking thing and I had a few ideas that wouldn't tip anyone off. I ordered a virgin Bloody Mary (quietly) and didn't think anything of it until someone else ordered a Bloody Mary and it came in this big, elaborate glass with tons of garnishes. I guess they put the virgin ones in plain glasses. At least no one seemed to notice and the drink was really good!
April 23rd - Mom was in town this weekend for a visit and 5 of us - Me, Mom, Andy, Andy, and John met at Los Aztecas for dinner. The margaritas there are fabulous and were flowing for everyone. Mom kept saying, "Oh just split one with me." "Just try mine." Etc., etc. Well, a couple of fake sips seemed to appease the group. I got away with drinking Sprite after that.
April 25th - Andy and I were grocery shopping later in the evening when I ran into a former co-worker and her daughter. We caught up for a minute or two and I realized that although we had a list of about 10 things to get the only things we had with us at the time were Saltines and Ginger Ale. Umm, is that obvious?
I think it is just me. I feel like this is soooo obvious, but thankfully I haven't been called out by anyone yet. Our secret is still safe.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment