Monday, September 07, 2009

The morning of Day Five - Labor Day, no laboring involved





Our plan on Labor Day was to hit one of the beaches, but to try and avoid the crowds. A tough task, but we were up early enough to do it. We went to Robert Moses beach, not the very closest beach to Dad's house, I think the second closest though. The weather and waves were great, the crowds started moving in around noon, but by then we were ready to go. We stopped by the All-American Drive In for lunch. It is this tiny hamburger place. The way dad talked about it I assumed it was all over, but no, there is only one location. When we pulled up we had to park two blocks away, it was really crowded and there were people spilling out of restaurant, waiting to order. Here is the menu, $1.25 cheeseburgers, $.85 grilled cheese, and $1.65 milkshakes? The burgers reminded me a bit of McDonalds, I think they were voted Burgers to Try Before you Die by a Long Island newspaper, (you can interpret that any way you want....)

No comments: