


Well today we headed off to Citi Field to watch the Cubs take on the Mets. Our seats were great, there really didn't appear to be many bad seats in the place. I was happy when we arrived that we were seated in the shade, but after about 30 minutes into the game we were in full sun. I had put on sunblock prior to the game so I didn't get burnt, but the heat was definitely intense. Around the six inning I had to take off my t-shirt to cover my head (I had a tank top on!) and I kept cool by downing Sprite and Gatorade, served in collectible Mets cups - for Dad, not me. The Cubs won the night we were there 5 - 3, but lost the next night. When we left the game we could hear the cheers coming from Arhur Ashe Stadium (Third picture), as the U.S. Open was well underway. That evening we went to work with Dad so Andrew and I could log on to his computers for our fantasy football draft. Oh, and Dad got to feel Cletus kick tonight for the first time! On our way back home after the draft we picked up fresh clam chowder for dinner - it was excellent!
2 comments:
Glad to get the updates of your trips, thanks. Sounds like a good time. I'm jealous of dad feeling Cletus kick!
First time I'd felt a baby kick since Abby was the one doing the kicking!
Post a Comment