Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cousins Weekend





We had our first annual Garner Cousins Weekend this last weekend. The four cousins, spouses, and kids rented a beach house in New Buffalo, Michigan. The house was really nice, we were only a few blocks from the beach. Unfortunately the weather being pushed up from Hurricane Ike meant that we had RAIN, and lots of it. We didn't let that ruin the fun though. Maggie and Kyle planned ahead so we had Tiger Woods and Dr. Mario on Wii, plus football and lots of good food! Update to my summer s'more posts: we have created a new ultimate s'more, (which is yet to be named). Graham cracker, marshmallows, and melted Rolos. I think it's better then the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Ultimate S'more but all the votes are not tallied yet. (The umbrella photo one is me showing off the sunglasses I found at the beach...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your Hurricane Ike rain in MI.
I was trying to fly in to Cincy in 80mph Ike winds on Sunday. Had to land in Dayton & drive down, got to be there for the power outages, closed restaurants, gas shortages, etc all week, not such a fun teaching gig. Hilton Hotel with no power or hot water for 24 hours was an experience I hope not to repeat!