Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The new way to buy groceries?

On Sunday night I went online to our grocery store website and entered our shopping list. I uploaded it to the Hy-Vee website and on Monday @ 4:00 we went to the store. I went inside, they wheeled the cart up to me said that will be $5, and then I took the groceries and we left. It's a pretty cool service that I don't think we would use if we just needed a couple things, but we had purchased $90 in groceries! It ended up saving us at least an hour, plus the website saves your list so next time we can just hit buy milk, buy cheese, etc. and it knows your brands, sizes, etc. Not too bad. The only downside: two of the avocados and the cilantro we purchased weren't the greatest. Also, we didn't get the impulse buys ie. cookie dough, ice cream, rice krispie treats, all the stuff you don't need, but ends up in your cart. Call us lazy, but I think we are on to something good.

1 comment:

Ron Garner said...

We've done the online shopping a few times. Waitrose, one of our supermarket chains, offers free delivery. It worked out pretty well but I must admit I missed the impulse buys. That's one of the great pleasures of shopping.