Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Literally $ down the drain

Last night after a couple of errands we stopped at the gas station. I set the pump and then sat half in the car and half out talking to Andrew while the tank filled. After a minute or so I heard a splashing sound; I turned and saw gasoline pouring out of my car with the tank still pumping it in. I grabbed the handle to shut it off and then turned to watch the gasoline on the ground running towards the building and a drain. For those of you who live in DBQ the gas stations address is on Hill Street. Something was obviously wrong with this pump, as it did not take my debit card either so I went inside and explained to the clerk what had happened. Mark, you know the girl I'm talking about, at least Andrew thinks you know her. She looked at me with with a blank stare and said, "Is there gas on the ground?" And I said, "Yes, it's all over. It poured out of my car and the handle is not working on that pump." To which she responed, "Oh, okay." With that we left. Literally, money down the drain. I guess I'm glad gasoline is only $2.18 a gallon. How much is gasoline where you live?

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Oops!
I think our gas is $2.09 right now.

Ron Garner said...

$6.32 per gallon in Bath, England. Do I win the prize for the most expensive petrol?
(This price is at the current conversion rate of 1.88 USD to 1GBP.

Andrea said...

Today it's $1.98

Abby said...

Dad, I figured you would be sneaky and write your gas prices in pents per liter. Yes, you win, but sorry there's no prize. Andrea, I can't remember when ours was under $2, but I can hope.