Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Aggg!! Not Again!!

Maybe I was feeling left out, call it a sympathy visit, but yes, I too managed to make a trip up to the Finley Hospital ER. It doesn't look too bad in the fabulous picture of me, but I got a cut just under my eye at work on Tuesday morning. Our Red-tail hawk had her anklets and jesses tangled and after I got her untangled she showed her appreciation by lunging at my face. I debated about not going to the ER, but decided since it happened at work and it involved an animal I should go. Good thing I guess because I needed a couple of stitches, a tetanus shot, and some antibiotics. The ER was packed (Tues @ 7:30 a.m.-figure that out) and they had people waiting in the hallway for beds. Worst injury joke goes to our friend Nathan (works for the fire department and was bringing a patient in to the ER while I was leaving) who said, "You are now a true Hawkeye!" Boo...Oh yeah, did I mention I missed seeing Kelly Urban at the ER by like 7 hours. Seriously, can't we stay away from this place?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sorry about your disagreement with the hawk! But it could have been worse. Just think what might have happened if he would have been an inch higher.

Anonymous said...

yea you both, abby and gracie, look kinda stoned...can i have some of your pain killers?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photo, I had a much worse picture in mind. Hope you're healing & feeling well. Is the augmentin doing a number on your stomach? Thank goodness for worker's comp medical coverage, eh?! (you 2 could put them out of business) Scott says don't go swimming with the stingrays!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am officially calling a halt to these er visits!!! There are 8 of us Urban's and half have been to the er in a little over a month. So now we close the book on it! The other half of us need to wrap ourselves in germ free, padded body suits!
Seriously, I am so glad you are ok and it wasn't more serious.