Well, no major news from here, just a quick update. Yesterday was quite the productive day for us. All old files and office paperwork was sorted. Final box of misc. nursery things were put away. Downstairs closet cleaned out and we filled two (more) boxes for charity. After that busy morning we rewarded ourselves with lunch at the Mining Co. and some football. Came home and I did a bunch of laundry while Andrew ripped up basement tile, drywall, and removed a few basement steps.
Andrew went to work this a.m. and I greeted our basement waterproofing crew at the house at 9:30 a.m. sharp. It's now noon and they have been jackhammering and pounding away all a.m. The corner of the basement by the staircase has had some water leak in previously and we finally said enough is enough, we had to get it fixed by the pros. Usually on my day off I like to relax in front of the TV for a bit, but since it is basically off-limits today I am a bit stunned with what I've accomplished in 4 hours. Wrapped some birthday gifts, packaged three books for my book exchange, bought curtain rods for the front room (thank you Cyber Monday deals), balanced all three check books and the money market account, and......drum roll please - uploaded, edited and ordered the rest of the 2006 and all of 2007 photos for our photo albums! It was 916 pictures total, a huge amount, and I don't even mind that I still have to do 2008 and 2009. Putting the pictures in albums was a big project I had really hoped to have completed before Cletus arrives and I feel like I just might be able to pull it off now!
Speaking of Cletus, I was having a talk with him/her last night and I said, "Now you just stay nice and snuggled in this whole week and most of the next and then you can come whenever you're ready. Mommy and Daddy have some work stuff to get finished this week and then we can devote all our attention to you." Will the baby listen? Time will tell.... In case not, I'm planning on typing two reports up for work after I finish this post. Maybe someone would call all these projects nesting. I prefer to think of it as wrapping up a bunch of projects that needed to get done with a major deadline looming. 38 week appointment tomorrow, stay tuned...
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Don't count on the baby listening now. It will prepare you for the next 18+ years. Glad you had such a productive day!
Andy
I was emailing with a colleague who has two preteen sons and he said, "The time will fly and before you know it you'll be arguing with your twelve year old about how to do algebra." Funny stuff, we'll get to deal with sleeping through the night and potty training first, one battle at a time!
Now from a voice with a little more experience. I guess Andy said 18+ years to leave it open. You are correct. It does not stop at 18 or 21 or 25 or 30. You get where I am going with this? IT NEVER STOPS!!!. That is the joy of parenthood.
Since you have so much time on your hands can you help us sort out our basement. We still have unpacked boxes from the UK.
Post a Comment