Friday, November 09, 2007

Cash versus his Arch Nemesis...The Final Round

True to his hunting dog blood, he kept a soft mouth and dropped it on command.

This rabbit is very large for a wild rabbit. It appears small in this picture.


Last night I was brushing my teeth upstairs when I heard Andrew yell for me to come downstairs and bring the camera. I raced outside and found this...Cash with a rabbit in his mouth. A little background on this: when we moved in there was a piece of tin attached to our fence, presumably to keep rabbits out. Well there always seems to be one in our yard. Cash is very attentive to its whereabouts, he never barks, just the hunting blood in him, I guess...he'll freeze in a point position when it is in our neighbors yard and always does smelling "surveillance" when we let him out. Well, the rabbit's luck ran out, he may be fast, but Cash was faster. I lack the Y chromosome which makes things like Ultimate Fighting and the movie Transformers appealing. I guess that goes for the slaughter of small, native wildlife as well. I was shocked and horrified; Andrew was thrilled and excited. Trying to fall asleep was proving difficult for both of us due to all the commotion, but I realized it was for different reasons when Andrew said, "Man that was so cool. I want to call someone right now and tell them about it." This morning I fed Cash and let him outside. When he came back in he had fur all over his nose. Apparently he was sniffing around the murder scene.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With Super sleuth Cash around you never need to worry about intruders!!!! What a fun story!