Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Doctor update

The IA City Dr. appointment went fairly well. Andrew's doctor thought he was making good progress and that the scarring looked good. He did some basic tests on his leg and said while he wasn't certain, he thought that it looked like he might get some of the dorsal flexion (sp?-upward movement) back in his foot. Right now Andrew can move some toes up a little bit, but not the foot. He also does not have any feeling on the surgical sites and some places on his foot. If the front of his leg is touched he feels it in his foot; hard for me to imagine what that must be like. He recommended continuing the P.T. and electric stim. At this time it was decided that Andrew won't be returning to work. The doctor felt it was still really early for that, but maybe light duty work in three months. His next Drs appointment is in Feb. There is probably more, but I can't remember anything else...Today at work was a total blur, Happy Election Day.

4 comments:

Ron Garner said...

Hang in there! Andrew has been through a very traumatic situation and is doing great!

Ron Garner said...

Did you vote?

Abby said...

Of course I voted. I was confident, but still cannot believe the results. I didn't think things would go that well.

Ron Garner said...

Glad you voted! But, don't get too excited about the results. Iraq isn't going away and I fear that the mess that we have created there will haunt us in years to come. See you soon!